Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Down and Out

Monday afternoon I received a call on my cell phone from my other half. She never calls me unless something is wrong and this was the case. The Big Guy woke up not feeling too well and didn't eat his favorite breakfast which is usually a sign that something is wrong. Around 12:30 we had to pick him up from school because he had a 102.2 fever. My other half took the rest of the afternoon off to try to take care him.

The following day (Tuesday) I stayed home with the Big Guy and took the Little One to the sitter. He seemed to be doing better, but the rule states they must be home for at least 24 hours. By last night he was getting back to his normal running around self. We both thought he would be able to go back to school on Wednesday. WRONG! He was up almost every hour last night and woke up not looking so good.

I took the time to stay home again and get him to the doctor. Getting in very quickly to the doctor, a few deep breaths to listen with the stethoscope and a chest x-ray later, he is on antibiotics for what they are calling a small case of pneumonia. Hopefully he will get back to normal by the weekend for his second soccer clinic and some High School Basketball games. I will be sure to keep everyone posted as Mom will be taking off tomorrow to be with him here at home! Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment